- secure fenced and gated back garden and decking area
- an information folder showing local walks and attractions
- details of local vets including contact numbers
- food and water bowls for use if required
- towels for use on those pets who like to get muddy and need a wipe down before coming back in the house
- stairgates so the dogs aren’t tempted to go upstairs (we do ask that they stay downstairs and are not allowed on the furniture)
- spare leads in case of loss
Dog Friendly Holidays In The Dordogne
You’re ready to pack up the pooch and head south for your holidays, the only problem is finding that Dog Friendly Dordogne accommodation.
Dog Friendly Dordogne Gîte Accommodation
As dog owners ourselves, we know a thing or two about what makes your life easier when coming on holiday with your pet. That is why we provide all of the following:
Out And About With Your Dog In The Dordogne
Here in South West France, we have noticed that many shops, restaurants and bars are more than happy to welcome well-behaved dogs. This is great as it doesn’t restrict you whilst here on holiday.
We also provide lots of useful information on dog walks and other attractions where you can happily take your canine companions.
Further Useful Information
There are tiled floors which are much cooler in the summer months.
We offer bags so that you can clean up any accidents on the grounds, but we do expect that they are toiletted away from the gardens and use is made of the refuse bins further up the lane outside.
We ask that dogs have had flea and worm treatment prior to arrival.
We can, subject to agreement and with at least 24 hours notice, provide a dog sitting service if required. There is a charge for this service.
Many gîtes accept one or two dogs but no more. We will, subject to prior confirmation, accept a larger number so please just get in touch. We are also happy to allow pets with people who require a longer term rental from October until April perhaps when house-hunting in the area.
What Others Say
“We and our golden retriever had a delightful relaxing holiday in this beautifully prepared gîte.”