- On Saturday: in the city centre – all products from 8.30 am to 6 pm
- On Saturday morning : Place de la Liberté – food market from 8.30 am to 1 pm
- On Wednesday morning : small food market – Place de la Liberté from 8.30 am to 1 pm
- Off season : everyday (except on Thursday) from 8.30 am to 1 pm
- High season : everyday from 8.30am to 2pm. On Friday : from 9.30 am to 8 pm
Visit French Markets In The Dordogne
Whether it’s truffles, pink garlic from Toulouse, local fromages or traditional saucisson you’re after, a wander around one of the traditional French markets is sure to make your trip to the Dordogne even more special.
French Markets – Sarlat
Day Market (all year long)
Covered market (all year long) : Former Sainte Marie church – Place de la Liberté :
Organic night market : From the 17th of June to the 16th of September, it takes place Place du 14 Juillet (in front of the Post Office) every thursday from 6 to 10 pm.
French Markets – La Roque-Gageac
Le Marché des Gourmets et des Gourmands is a lovely event which takes place on the banks of The Dordogne river in the picturesque village of La Roque-Gageac.
Not only are there over 50 stalls with plenty of fantastic local produce, but there is also a medieval feel with music, dancing and a traditional banquet. More details on the Sarlat Tourism website.
French Markets – Gourdon
Nearby Gourdon has plenty of weekly markets, especially throughout the summer months. Saturday mornings is traditional market day, whereas there are additional markets on Sunday and Wednesday mornings throughout the summer.
There is also the Fête de l’Asperge on the 3rd May, celebrating the asparagus season. More details over on the Gourdon website.